My name is Carol Godfrey and I offer professional proofreading, copyediting and other secretarial services to businesses, individuals, publishers and independent authors. My home office is based in Hertfordshire and I provide an efficient freelance service at competitive hourly rates. If you would like any further information, please contact me and I will be pleased to help.
- I have worked in administration for many years and am a Retired Fellow
of the Institute of Administrative Management.
- With over 25 years' experience in proofreading and copyediting all
types of documents and online content, I am a Professional Member of the Chartered Institute of Editing and Proofreading and so abide by their
Code of Practice.
- Experience of proofreading and copyediting technical publications of up
to 100 pages in the architectural, metallurgical, marine engineering, electrical and
- I am particularly familiar with formatting complicated tables.
- Good experience of taking a project through from first draft to
DTP-ready Word document including managing the peer-review process.
- I work on drafts from non-native English speakers, ensuring the content
is structured correctly, reads well, is in line with house style and typo-free.
- I am familiar with track changes, version numbering and sharing
files over Dropbox, so the process can be fully electronic.
- I also work on printed copy and have the necessary qualifications to mark
up changes using BSI symbols BS 5261 2005.
- Websites proofread and edited if required.
- I have also recently started offering personal admin services as not everyone is capable of looking after their own affairs. I have helped with changing addresses at times of house move and other ongoing matters such as applying for a blue badge, attendance allowance and complaints to companies or the Ombudsman.
- I always pay attention to detail and can manage my workload in a timely
and efficient manner.
- Every effort is made to meet both urgent and longer-term deadlines.
- References can be supplied on request.